Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Randomness

I am blogging twice tonight because I don't get much "me" time on the computer. Typically I have a husband or a toddler (or both) calling my name or pulling at me to come and play.

The following topics may are completely random spewings of my brain - so read what you like and discard the rest!

Pregnancy
So, I'm pregnant. I'm around 14 weeks or so. And no, I don't know what I'm having yet - we'll find out in April.
This pregnancy has been much different from my 1st. With Fiona everything about pregnancy was new and exciting and scary. I started prepping for her arrival the moment that test came back positive. With this one I feel like I'm just back into an old routine: wake up 3 times during the night to pee, eat 6 full meals a day plus snacks, drink inordinately huge amounts of water - no caffeine, no sushi, no wine/beer (sigh).
My tummy has also gotten back into the swing of pregnancy. Apparently whatever was stretched before now stretches much more easily and my bump is already showing.
I've also done absolutely no work on the house. We only have two bedrooms, and so Fiona will be sharing her room with the baby. I'll let you know how that goes.
Anyhow - for now I'm feeling pretty good. Got my 2nd trimester energy going on, and so long as our pantry is stocked then I'm a happy girl.

Mommyhood
Fiona is so much fun these days. At 19 months she is all over the place and starting to challenge me on a few things.
Until last month Will and I had made it 5 years without a television. Actually we still don't have a television - just an old computer monitor hooked up to a DVD player. But after watching Yo Gabba Gabba, Elmo's World, Praise Baby, Sesame Street, and Milo & Otis more times than I care to count - I'm seriously reconsidering this move. Fiona will now walk up to me, point at the screen and say "TV please." She'll also push her rocking chair over to the movies, climb up and pick out what she wants to watch.
Yes - this can provide a few minutes of Fiona-free time for me, but the rest of the time she's like Telly Monster.

Country Life
Its spring again out here on the farm and Will is gearing up for another splendid garden this year. He's already added year-old compost dirt, tilled it under and is hoeing the rows.
I'm looking forward to watching our little crops grow and eating the first tomato off the vine. Yum!
I'm fairly certain that we'll be selling some produce again this year. My goal is that once the harvest is in that I'll post weekly updates of what is in season for you to pick from.
Actually, the asparagus should start coming up in the next few weeks...I'll keep you updated.

Working
Recently I cut back my hours at work so that I'm working two days a week. This change has really helped my scheduling of life, and its made me appreciate my job more. I really enjoy it when I'm there, and then I really enjoy my time off when I'm home.

Married Life
I absolutely love my husband.
Will is working on his PhD, and will be for the next several years. He works incredibly hard (he's actually napping right now so he can wake up at midnight to study for tomorrow's statistics exam).
He is also incredibly funny...well at least I find his humor funny.
The other night we were discussing the topic of beauty in the Bible. We were laughing at how it talks about enjoying the wife of your youth, and how beauty is fleeting but a godly woman is to be praised. Will's comment, "Beauty may be fleeting but damn its good while its still here!" Thanks honey. Did I mention that he loves my pregnancy body? No really, he does. I think if I could be 8 months pregnant all the time he would go for it.

God
I fell off the Bible reading wagon recently and need to jump back on.
I'm reading the Bible in reverse because I can't ever get past Leviticus if I start at Genesis. So far I've made it from Revelation to 1st John. I hope to finish the NT by New Years 2011.
Will and I are also struggling to merge our beloved Community Group with another Community Group from Vintage 21. We were led to this conclusion after the discovery of baby #2 on the way. Too many irons in the fire. We just pray that God will open a door so that everyone can still be together and not divide into different groups. So if you're a Vintage person and you know your CG can handle a merge and are kid friendly let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment